Today I’m sharing what could be my favorite cookie recipe yet. Fluffy Cream Cheese Cookie Clouds…you’re welcome! I made these over the weekend after finding a few different recipes on Pinterest and tweaking them a bit to make them my own. They’re creamy, fluffy and not too sweet and they taste exactly like cheese cake!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links which means if you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission.
Start by creaming the butter and cream cheese together until super fluffy. I’m not an expert but this seems to make cookies fluffier and airier. Then add the sugar and then the eggs, vanilla and rum. Rum is optional but I love the way cheesecake and rum taste together. To be fair, I love the way rum and ANYTHING taste together.
After adding the dry ingredients, drop onto a parchament lined cookie sheet using a small ice cream scoop. They don’t have to be perfect because they will bake into fluffy little rounds. The scoop just makes life SO MUCH EASIER!
Bake for 10 minutes or so until they’re starting to turn golden on the bottom; NOT BROWN. Trust me when I tell you that they won’t look like they’re done but they are; you want them light and fluffy. Once you take them out of the oven, let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes or so then move to a rack. Let them cool completely before sprinkling with powdered sugar or glaze. Then try to eat only one…you won’t be able to! My kids absolutely LOVE these cookies and are already begging me to make more. They’re light, creamy and so soft and, well….FLUFFY!
Let me know if you make these cookies and what you topped them with. I’d love to hear about your creations!
Until next time!
Fluffy Cream Cheese Cookie Clouds
Fluffy, creamy little clouds of happiness!
- 8 oz cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered Sugar or Icing (be creative!)
- Preheat oven to 350 and prep cookie sheet.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together at high speed until fluffy and creamy; about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to the butter mixture and beat until fluffy; another 2 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla and rum; 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir just until incorporated being careful not to overmix.
- Drop onto the prepared baking sheets using a small scoop or tablespoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Cookies should be light in color and golden on the bottom. Keep an eye on the cookies as they can easily overcook.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with your favorite glaze. Chocolate would be great here too!